Spring 2016 Certifications Have Begun: Not sure what you need? Click here to determine what forms you need.
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm|
|Location||CFE Arena Suite 100|
Have a minute? Take our survey!
The Veterans Academic Resource Center, or VARC, is your one-stop solution to your needs as a student veteran. We provide offices, study space and lounge space, as well as access to a number of university offices, in one central location.
At the Veterans Academic Resource Center, our goals are to: Help you understand and ensure your access to all of the campus resources available to you; Help you succeed by providing study space and special tutoring at your convenience; Help UCF faculty and staff understand your unique needs as a student veteran; Provide you with the tools you need to stay on track and finish your degree.
News & Announcements
UCF has been designated a 2016 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media. The Military Friendly® Schools designation is awarded to the top colleges, universities, community colleges and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military students, and to dedicate resources to ensure their success both in the classroom and after graduation.
The Central Florida Marine Corps Foundation (CFMCF) will award up to $10,000 in scholarships in 2016. An application is available for US Marines (Active Duty, Reserve, and Honorably or Medically
Discharged) as well as a separate one for family members, USMC JROTC Cadets and US Navy Corpsmen. For more information and to download the scholarship applications, click on the headline above or visit http://www.centralfloridamarines.org/scholarship.
Get information about our Fall 2015 Student Veteran Graduation Celebration and lots more.
This presentation provides an overview of UCF's academic policies and procedure and reviews information provided during New Transfer Student Orientation. This presentation also includes information about the transition from military to civilian life, using your education benefits, and academic and social networking, and concludes with contact information for the VARC Staff members.
Greetings, veterans and dependents-
We hope your fall semester is off to a great start! We have some information for you regarding Spring 2016 certification for GI bill benefit users. We will begin accepting Spring certifications on October 26, 2015 at 0900. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
• We do NOT accept emailed forms.
• We DO accept faxed forms that are typed. Fax documents to: 407-823-5879. It is your responsibility to call and make sure your form was received, preferably the same day you fax it.
• Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. We will be closed for all federal holidays. If you come in to certify, you will be given a written proof of deferral.
• We CANNOT certify wait-listed classes. You must be physically enrolled in the class in order to certify it.
• Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) users: you must be MORE THAN half-time AND have at least ONE face-to-face credit hour to qualify for BAH. Please note: reduced seat time and mixed mode classes do NOT meet this requirement, per the VA. The best way to be sure is to look at the class section number: if it is all numbers, it IS a face-to-face per the VA.
• Chapter 31 (voc rehab) users: we need 2 business days to prepare your 1905, so please plan accordingly.
• Not sure what you need? Take a look at this chart: http://varc.sdes.ucf.edu/docs/varc_chart_what_forms_do_i_need.pdf
• Still have questions? Email us at: email@example.com. All emails are responded to promptly!
Don’t forget to come hang out with us in between classes. We have free cable TV, free popcorn and coffee, and quiet study rooms with WiFI.
We also have a new Snack Shop area in the front of the VARC- all snacks are 50 cents (unless otherwise indicated) and we have cold water available for $1 a bottle.
Many on-campus vendors offer discounts when you show your UCF Veteran Student ID.