Veterans Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31)
Veterans’ eligibility is dependent upon a discharge that is other than dishonorable; has a service-connected disability rating of at least 10%, or a memorandum rating of 20% from the Department of Veterans Affairs. May be used 12 years from the latter of the date of separation from active military service of the date first notified by VA of a service-connected disability rating. Your Veterans Readiness Counselor (VRC) will work with you to determine if you meet the entitlement criteria.
If you have a disability rating and need to apply for Veterans Readiness and Employment:
- Sign in to your eBenefits.
- Select Apply.
- Click Vocational Readiness and Employment Benefits.
- Select the Veterans Employment benefits you are applying for.
- After benefits have transferred to Orlando, call the General Phone Number at 407-835-5600 to check your status.
How are Chapter 31 Benefits used:
- The cost of tuition and fees are typically is paid directly to the school through the Tungsten Online System by your Veterans Readiness Counselor. You must Certify with the Office of Military and Veteran Student Success to initiate this process.
- Monthly housing allowance will be paid directly to the veteran, please check with your assigned Veterans Readiness Counselor for current eligibility requirements.
- Only face to face and mixed-mode sections are considered lecture capture courses. All other sections are considered distance learning. For more information please click here.
- Typically, there is one PO for tuition and fees, and another PO for books and supplies (up to $45 per semester). Book and supplies are typically obtained through the online UCF Bookstore portal. All tuition and fees are covered with authorization through Tungsten. You must certify your hours with the MVSS before you will receive an emailed authorization to your ucf email account. This process typically takes between 3 to 5 business days.
UCF Veterans Readiness Liaisons:
UCF Vocational Readiness Liaisons are available to assist with questions you have regarding the process of applying for Vocational Readiness or status of your enrollment certification.
- Mr. Matt Winstel: Matt.Winstel@ucf.edu
Chapter 31 (Vocational Readiness) Forms:
Chapter 31 Resources:
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch. 33) or Veterans Readiness and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed (VSC Form, Checklist, etc.) to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies